Monday, August 8, 2011

$5.00 Chair Makeover



This $5.00 chair I bought from Craigslist was one of the most economical purchases ever. It was also one of the most dramatic makeovers I've ever done.

After cleaning it, I primed the chair with Valspar tintable white interior latex primer.
While it was drying, I recovered the chair seat with fabric from Craft Warehouse. (It was about 3.00 for the fabric and I didn't even use half of it).
Then I painted the chair with Sherwin Williams Muslin exterior paint. I just used the left over paint from our house that was being constructed at the time. I've never used exterior paint on indoor furniture but this turned out great!
Then I put the seat back on and was VERY pleased with the finished product. Total cost was about $8.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment