Sunday, March 28, 2010

Paper Roses

These were so fun, cheap, and classy cute! The wreath cost $5.00 and the white roses in the glass vase were probably .10 or less. Here is the cost breakdown:
Styrofoam Wreath: $4.99 at Hobby Lobby (I didn't use a 40% off coupon because I didn't have one with me. But you can always print one off online beforehand if you're prepared).
Red Crepe Paper: .99 for one roll (I probably used about 65% of the roll for the wreath).
White Crepe Paper: $1.00 for two rolls (each smaller than the big roll from HL).
I already had a glue gun. So, if you don't have one, it's time to invest! I got mine for about $7.00 at Walmart.
I got the idea for paper roses from http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com/ Love that blog!

So I started with this white styrofoam wreath from HL. (There were no roses on it when I bought it of course).

I decided to cover the white with red crepe paper. Unfortunately, I had that idea AFTER I had already glued some roses on so there's a chunk of the back that's still white. Oh well. I'll do it right next time.

I also thought they would look pretty in a clear vase as a centerpiece or decoration somewhere. I just kept them in here until I was ready to glue them on the wreath.


Aren't they cute??


I made a few white ones and put them in this pretty square vase.

I love how it looks next to my $2.79 candle holders. (Got those 90% off at HL!)



I just love it on our front door! You really could hang it anywhere though, inside or outside.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love it! When are we going to do a craft night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm ready ANY time for a craft night! Just come on over.

    ReplyDelete